QUEEN SEON DEOK PH
You need to LOG IN to view the forum and post messages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QUEEN SEON DEOK PH
You need to LOG IN to view the forum and post messages.
QUEEN SEON DEOK PH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queen Seon Deok fans from the Philippines

You are not connected. Please login or register

SAEJU MISHIL

+5
akachun44
Real_Heiress
annamolly_
donf6faith
#1 critic
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Sat 13 Feb 2010, 1:10 am

#1 critic

Seonggol
Seonggol

IKR?? The way they wrote her character, relatable at reachable. And not once does she falter in her path, kesehodang masagasaan maski sarili niyang anak. Now that's dedication!

My favorite moments are when she's with Bidam. He seems to bring out the worst and best in her.

2SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Sat 13 Feb 2010, 3:39 pm

donf6faith

donf6faith
Seonggol
Seonggol

abi, please edit the name of the thread. Saeju po, hindi Seju. Very Happy anyway, hurray for this forum. Mwahahahaha. Pag-aaralan ko pa pano ito gamitin. LOL

3SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Sat 13 Feb 2010, 3:55 pm

annamolly_

annamolly_
Gaeyang Star
Gaeyang Star

@ don haha alright. thanks. Smile

https://queenseondeokph.forumotion.com

4SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Sat 13 Feb 2010, 9:57 pm

annamolly_

annamolly_
Gaeyang Star
Gaeyang Star

#1 critic wrote:IKR?? The way they wrote her character, relatable at reachable. And not once does she falter in her path, kesehodang masagasaan maski sarili niyang anak. Now that's dedication!

My favorite moments are when she's with Bidam. He seems to bring out the worst and best in her.

i agree with that. Smile though mishil's character seem ethereal with the background music and the camera angles... i think her and bidam's character are highly relateable.

5SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Sat 13 Feb 2010, 11:23 pm

#1 critic

Seonggol
Seonggol

Siguro ang maisip ko lang na major character flaw niya na talagang matatawag kong flaw, is her vanity. She's an extremely vain woman, and it permeates through the way she handles her affairs and the people around her.

6SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Sat 13 Feb 2010, 11:49 pm

annamolly_

annamolly_
Gaeyang Star
Gaeyang Star

^ i actually like that. parang go be**tch!! Very Happy LOL she's the mold of the modern queen bee. cherry

7SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Sun 14 Feb 2010, 5:40 am

#1 critic

Seonggol
Seonggol

annamolly_ wrote:^ i actually like that. parang go be**tch!! Very Happy LOL she's the mold of the modern queen bee. cherry
And in a related note, what do you guys think of this quote?

"Both Bidam and Mishil can only really exist within the genre of fusion. The audience reacting so strongly in their favour basically tells you the writer "we want our fusion show!!" Fusion it is.

Go Hyung Jung threw out the sageuk playbook playing Mishil. For the first 15 episodes, it's a subtle, seductive, chilling performance that provided a distinctly modern (and modern as in "this is a woman living in 2009" modern) context to the part. After that period, Mishil became "This Mishil", a cult of personality and also a conscious attempt by the actress to push the envelope of "credible sageuk villain" and walk the fine line between doing something really new and just become a WWE cartoon. (If you smell what Mishil is cooking?) And that is where Go Hyung Jung really went for her greatness, improvising all sorts of ironic, sarcastic, and long-scoped melodies over the dialogue and story, essentially taking the viewer out of the show as historical drama, and into the show as a stage for her own charisma. She becomes the sageuk version of The Joker, where the acts of evil are experienced as an indulgence of a goofy intellect and a whimsical philosophy about morality. Her evil entertains you so much, it's not evil anymore. It's just . . . "Mishil being Mishil", and her performance becomes her own commentary on what is evil and what is "necessary", and above all who has right to decide the future of Shilla.

Worth pointing out because Lee Yo Won, like almost the whole cast, still tries to approach the story like a normal sageuk. Not even a fusion one. Deokman learns to become more like Mishil, but what does this mean in the context of our viewing experience? Is it to be as good a politician as Mishil, that is to merely play to the script and assert Deokman's improvement in her management skills and long-term goal planning? That is normal sageuk territory. Or is it to follow the performance, to rock an eyebrow like Mishil, or to talk with that sour, pinched sneer, as to make other people go "wooowwwwww I must follow you!" or "you are 100x smarter than me." That is fusion territory. What is the growth path for Deokman/Lee Yo Won to become a credible queen and force of the show?"

Agree, disagree? I adore her take on what GHJ did with Mishil. It totally explains why the character is so popular.

8SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Mon 15 Feb 2010, 9:50 am

annamolly_

annamolly_
Gaeyang Star
Gaeyang Star

darn, i definitely agree to every single word in that! GHJ wasn't even acting... she is mishil. she owned every single thing about mishil. cheers i'm not so familiar with the fusion genre, but i think mishil's and bidam's take on the characters are fresh and modern. like, they throw in their own traits in the can... i lack words to describe but parang they felt for the character as if they were the ones in the situation. parang "it's not mishil or it's not bidam.. but it's me." so it felt relateable. unlike the other casts who just acted the character out according to the script... i guess i can say the others took it on like an ordinary sageuk. very traditional. just an opinion. Smile this is also the reason why i didn't like yushin rang as much as bidam or alcheon... he's just too stiff and... traditional. LOL
**edit uli. haha i also felt that mishil's "eternal youth" just screams fusion genre!

LYW's acting was a little bland. at some point i felt that she was a little insecure. there were episodes na ginagaya niya ang gestures ni mishil. i'm not sure if the director asked her to do so but it felt as if she's struggling because mishil's definitely bringing it.

would GHJ deliver with the same intensity if she chose to play QSD's character? Smile kasi diba the role of QSD was initially offered to her.

is the fusion genre only limited to historical dramas/movies?

with regard to KNG, watching QSD i saw that he's a great (and gorgeous) actor. but when i saw his movies (Portrait of a Beauty and No Regrets)... deym, he got catapulted from great and gorgeous to shining-great and smexy. LOL

9SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Wed 17 Feb 2010, 12:00 am

#1 critic

Seonggol
Seonggol

annamolly_ wrote:darn, i definitely agree to every single word in that! GHJ wasn't even acting... she is mishil. she owned every single thing about mishil. cheers i'm not so familiar with the fusion genre, but i think mishil's and bidam's take on the characters are fresh and modern. like, they throw in their own traits in the can... i lack words to describe but parang they felt for the character as if they were the ones in the situation. parang "it's not mishil or it's not bidam.. but it's me." so it felt relateable. unlike the other casts who just acted the character out according to the script... i guess i can say the others took it on like an ordinary sageuk. very traditional. just an opinion. Smile this is also the reason why i didn't like yushin rang as much as bidam or alcheon... he's just too stiff and... traditional. LOL
**edit uli. haha i also felt that mishil's "eternal youth" just screams fusion genre!

LYW's acting was a little bland. at some point i felt that she was a little insecure. there were episodes na ginagaya niya ang gestures ni mishil. i'm not sure if the director asked her to do so but it felt as if she's struggling because mishil's definitely bringing it.

would GHJ deliver with the same intensity if she chose to play QSD's character? Smile kasi diba the role of QSD was initially offered to her.

with regard to KNG, watching QSD i saw that he's a great (and gorgeous) actor. but when i saw his movies (Portrait of a Beauty and No Regrets)... deym, he got catapulted from great and gorgeous to shining-great and smexy. LOL
According to the definition na binigay nung isang resident "expert" sa Dramabeans, a fusion sageuk (historical drama) is a drama that mixes both period elements and modern elements together. Up to what extent or what the rules are I'm not sure.

As for LYW's acting, I think yung blandness na nakikita natin is a result of several factors.

1) Yung approach na namention nung poster na quinote ko. Iba ang ginawang diskarte nina KNG at GHJ sa mga characters nila, and that difference starkly contrasted with the rest of the cast.

2) Chance. Kahit na kung tutuusin mas mahaba, mas comprehensive, at mas naging successful si LYW sa career niya, Mishil was GHJ's supernova moment.

and

3) GHJ seems to specialize in strong-women roles, from Sandglass to Whats Up Fox to H.I.T. and now QSD. So parang mas gamay niya yung ganung uri ng character kesa kay LYW.

I haven't seen enough of LYW's other works to make a judgement, pero she seems to use the Repertory style. Galing sa utak ang acting niya, very cerebral and works for her. It's a stark contrast to GHJ's acting style, which seems to be instinctive and Method in nature. Of the two styles, mas sanay ang mga tao sa Method, it's the dominant school in Hollywood, kaya yun.

Medyo no? Inamin naman niyang nafeel niya yung pressure after GHJ left the show. Her onscreen rivalry with Mishil was the engine driving QSD's ratings up up and away. The show was being written such that naging sentro ng action yung mga characters nila, so that it was supposed to end with Mishil's departure. That extension was great for the fangirls, but bad for the show in general. Ratings steadily declined after that, and really, what did they expect?

I would assume so, kasi sageuks lang naman ang kailangan ng historical accuracy diba? That whole modern vs. traditional factor doesn't even exist for other genres, neither is it as important.

10SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Thu 18 Feb 2010, 3:05 pm

annamolly_

annamolly_
Gaeyang Star
Gaeyang Star

no matter how much i love KNG, i have to agree that the 12 episode "fanservice" failed to grip the audience as tight as during "mishil's time". (yes, it still rallied in the 30's... but it faltered drastically after mishil's departure) for me, if the actor isn't as charismatic as KNG, the last 12 episodes would be rather pointless.

i also think that:
a. they should've ended the series with the coronation of QSD, period. (but then again it's title shouldn't be Queen Seon Deok but something like the path of princess deokman to kingship. LOL)

b. if they intend to "make the fangirls happy", sana tinodo na nila ang pag-extend so that they could establish the bideok loveteam better. Smile like what you've said on the pex forums, there's a surplus of "inappropriate chemistry". parang ginawa nila sanang season 2 yung after ng death ni mishil... and came up with a stronger, more believable storyline for deokman and bidam. para kasing it's extended... pero wardi2x nalang since nagkapera na naman sila. Eyng! bye credibility! Mad

11SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Fri 19 Feb 2010, 12:57 am

donf6faith

donf6faith
Seonggol
Seonggol

annamolly_ wrote:no matter how much i love KNG, i have to agree that the 12 episode "fanservice" failed to grip the audience as tight as during "mishil's time". (yes, it still rallied in the 30's... but it faltered drastically after mishil's departure) for me, if the actor isn't as charismatic as KNG, the last 12 episodes would be rather pointless.

i also think that:
a. they should've ended the series with the coronation of QSD, period. (but then again it's title shouldn't be Queen Seon Deok but something like the path of princess deokman to kingship. LOL)

b. if they intend to "make the fangirls happy", sana tinodo na nila ang pag-extend so that they could establish the bideok loveteam better. Smile like what you've said on the pex forums, there's a surplus of "inappropriate chemistry". parang ginawa nila sanang season 2 yung after ng death ni mishil... and came up with a stronger, more believable storyline for deokman and bidam. para kasing it's extended... pero wardi2x nalang since nagkapera na naman sila. Eyng! bye credibility! Mad

AMEN! Mishil's death was QSD's downfall! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

At ewan ko, pasensya na sa mga fangirls diyan, Twisted Evil Twisted Evil hindi bumenta sakin ang character ni Bidam after Mishil's death. well. hahahaha

12SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Fri 19 Feb 2010, 9:53 am

Real_Heiress

Real_Heiress
Seonggol
Seonggol

ang pinakamamahal kong kontrabida ;-)

i still wished that she continued till episode 62..

13SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Wed 24 Feb 2010, 1:34 am

akachun44

akachun44
Hwarang

Sa lahat ng mga kontrabida, siya lang ang gusto ko sa lahat.

She's just perfect for Mishil's role.

14SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Thu 25 Feb 2010, 6:59 pm

chaymmc

chaymmc
Nangdo

i super duper love mishil! she's the perfect epitome of a person following the 48 laws of power. ang galing kung paano nya i-turn into action yung bawat law. astig talaga!

15SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Fri 26 Feb 2010, 5:29 pm

lady_sujini

lady_sujini
Nangdo

i super love her, siya ang pinakagusto kong kontrabida
ang taray,,pati kilay umaarte...
nung namatay na siya nakakamiss din na wala ng tinatawag na saeju.tsaka ang kulet niyang tumawa,,

16SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Sun 11 Apr 2010, 6:32 pm

Nichole

Nichole
Hwarang

#1 critic wrote:
annamolly_ wrote:darn, i definitely agree to every single word in that! GHJ wasn't even acting... she is mishil. she owned every single thing about mishil. cheers i'm not so familiar with the fusion genre, but i think mishil's and bidam's take on the characters are fresh and modern. like, they throw in their own traits in the can... i lack words to describe but parang they felt for the character as if they were the ones in the situation. parang "it's not mishil or it's not bidam.. but it's me." so it felt relateable. unlike the other casts who just acted the character out according to the script... i guess i can say the others took it on like an ordinary sageuk. very traditional. just an opinion. Smile this is also the reason why i didn't like yushin rang as much as bidam or alcheon... he's just too stiff and... traditional. LOL

According to the definition na binigay nung isang resident "expert" sa Dramabeans, a fusion sageuk (historical drama) is a drama that mixes both period elements and modern elements together. Up to what extent or what the rules are I'm not sure.

As for LYW's acting, I think yung blandness na nakikita natin is a result of several factors.

1) Yung approach na namention nung poster na quinote ko. Iba ang ginawang diskarte nina KNG at GHJ sa mga characters nila, and that difference starkly contrasted with the rest of the cast.

2) Chance. Kahit na kung tutuusin mas mahaba, mas comprehensive, at mas naging successful si LYW sa career niya, Mishil was GHJ's supernova moment.

and

3) GHJ seems to specialize in strong-women roles, from Sandglass to Whats Up Fox to H.I.T. and now QSD. So parang mas gamay niya yung ganung uri ng character kesa kay LYW.

I haven't seen enough of LYW's other works to make a judgement, pero she seems to use the Repertory style. Galing sa utak ang acting niya, very cerebral and works for her. It's a stark contrast to GHJ's acting style, which seems to be instinctive and Method in nature. Of the two styles, mas sanay ang mga tao sa Method, it's the dominant school in Hollywood, kaya yun.

Medyo no? Inamin naman niyang nafeel niya yung pressure after GHJ left the show. Her onscreen rivalry with Mishil was the engine driving QSD's ratings up up and away. The show was being written such that naging sentro ng action yung mga characters nila, so that it was supposed to end with Mishil's departure. That extension was great for the fangirls, but bad for the show in general. Ratings steadily declined after that, and really, what did they expect?

I would assume so, kasi sageuks lang naman ang kailangan ng historical accuracy diba? That whole modern vs. traditional factor doesn't even exist for other genres, neither is it as important.

https://www.facebook.com/lezaine

17SAEJU MISHIL Empty Re: SAEJU MISHIL Sun 29 Aug 2010, 3:21 pm

sejufranzene

sejufranzene
Commoner

i <3 saeju ...!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum